Our program is modeled after the international organization, Servants Anonymous Foundation. There are three recovery and integration program phases, which include increased levels of independence factored into each phase.
- Accommodation in the Pink Door Residence with an anonymous residential address (maximum of five women and their children)
- Self-provision by the participants
- Psycho-social counseling and accompaniment
- Low-threshold, needs-based courses (e.g., language acquisition, general education, life-skills, job readiness)
- Placement in internships, mini-jobs, further education, etc.
In this phase, a social worker accompanies the participant through her individualized program. The participant is referred to other specialized agencies or organizations when needed as she makes steps toward the goals she has set for her future. She also has the opportunity to attend life skills classes in Pink Door’s education center. In this phase, job readiness classes are also available to prepare her for getting a small job or an internship, or guidance if she desires to enter further education institutions in Berlin.
The Pink Door Residence provides a safe, supportive atmosphere for participants to stabilize and develop basic life skills. Each participant has her own bedroom and can come and go freely, while respecting boundaries and curfews. Residence staff provide guidance and oversight for the participants when needed. The residence is intended to be a place of healing for those committed to recovery and integration into German life.
- Accommodation in shared flat or own apartment (after approx. 9-12 months
- Psycho-social counseling
- Ambulatory accompaniment
- Support during internship(s), further training, acquired work
- Advanced classes in Pink Door’s education center or in other educational institutions
In accordance with the participant’s wishes, and with the recommendation from her social worker, she moves out of the Pink Door Residence and into an independent living situation. Pink Door’s social worker continues to assist with her needs and the classes in the education center focus more intensely on job integration and/or further education.
- Accommodation in private apartment
- Advice and support as needed for professional and personal stabilization
- Invitation to regular events
- If desired, participation in individual course offerings possible
The participant is fully integrated into German life and the job market. She is living a self sustaining life. Pink Door is available when the participant expresses her need for assistance.
Depending upon the wishes of the participant, Pink Door may stay in contact with her and provide support when desired.